The Stubblefield's

Our family is going through so many exciting changes right now! We hope you enjoy keeping up!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Miss Independent

After all weekend of begging to ride the bus I gave in to riding it home.

I paced the sidewalk for a good 20 minutes. I am sure if anyone was watching they thought I was crazy! I was the only parent out there until the last 3 minutes! I was so sure that something dreadful would happen. Any number of scenarios raced through my head.....kidnapping, getting off at the wrong stop, hiding under the seat, the bus wrecking, the bus catching on fire.... it goes on and on.

Bear in mind that we live 2 miles from the school, the bus never gets above 35 miles per hour, hers is the first stop, and two of her friends from the neighborhood ride the same bus.

Yes, I am fully aware that I was being "that mom"; the one who is sure to make eyes roll at every major "know when to let your child go" moment but come on, she just looks so small compared to that HUGE bus!

And SURPRISE, SURPRISE, She did just as she was supposed to do!
Just look at that huge smile!

5 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, not to mention that the highway is HUGE!!! She looks like an ant compared to all the hugeamongous stuff....glad that she made it safe!! (I keep getting that same pestering from Grant....just haven't been broken down like you....ya wimp!! ha, ha!!) Love ya!! ~Leslie

 
At 1:11 PM, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peyton, you are big. I wish I was 5 and could ride the bus and have a loose tooth. Here is a song I sang about Peyton this morning: "Peyton, you are so big. When will you come back? You protect me from scary things--monsters, dragons and robots. I love Peyton. When will you come back everyday?"

 
At 1:16 PM, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another teary day on my end. First, E went off to her first day of highschool, then Natalie sang her "Ode to Peyton" this morning (see above comment) and now, I see my other baby girl, Peyton, marching off the bus like a pro. We are so proud of Peyton (and you, Mom).

 
At 7:26 PM, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile! She is so "Miss Independence". I wonder where she gets that???? Lovey

 
At 4:16 PM, August 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures made me tear up! What a big girl! It's hard to believe she is in kindergarten already. Hope to see ya'll soon!!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home