The Stubblefield's

Our family is going through so many exciting changes right now! We hope you enjoy keeping up!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

We Have Joined the Wii Craze

And oh how much fun....


Wes had mentioned this new gaming system to me months ago but I dismissed it as yet another "boy toy". Something similar to the Play Station and X Box he had owned in the past.

Then Calvin, Peyton's new friend got one for his birthday and she was hooked right away. They had so much fun using the interactive controller as a bat, bowling ball, golf club, hockey stick...the games seemed endless. Missaha said it was our generation's version of "family game night" and I would certainly have to agree. I haven't been interested in Nintendo since I was a kid trying to save the princess in Super Mario Brothers but this really looked fun and easy to do.

So....after looking for a couple of days at different stores we finally found it at Walmart. There are two left at the one on Pepperell Pkwy in case any one's interested. We all stayed up until after 11pm playing with it. It really is the most original idea any body's had in years. My favorite part is that you don't sit down the entire time you play it (the boxing game is a real workout). I had trouble getting Peyton to turn it off mainly because I didn't want to stop either!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, August 03, 2007, Blogger ~Leslie Frank~ said...

Cool! We will definately have to check into one of those for these busy boys. Note to you: Kindergarten started today....prepare yourself for MANY tears!!

 
At 10:21 AM, August 06, 2007, Blogger JS said...

we (AKA, I) bought one a few weeks before our son was born. Had to call around all over town for one, finally found one at the Wetumpka WalMart. I love it because there is NO learning curve. You can have folks over for dinner and pick up a game of bowling and everyone has fun. No controller with 62 buttons on it. I have over 1,800 points in boxing. After the firs week, my sides hurt from dodging punches so much. I had a youtube video of myself boxing, but ti was so embarassing I eventually took it down. For a good time, film your friends doing wii boxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home