The Stubblefield's

Our family is going through so many exciting changes right now! We hope you enjoy keeping up!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Good Food and Long Dinners

Experiencing new restaurants is by far one of mine and Wes's favorite things to do. My new goal for the next ten months is to visit as many new places as our budget will allow. And although, I am not quite as adventurous as Wes in trying new foods, (aka raw meat, fish, ect...) I love to find old standards with a new twist. Grits for example. Not really the kind of food that says elegant or fabulous, however, add a little goat cheese and herbs.... Let’s just say fabulous is now the perfect word to describe it.

The next time you go out and want something different go straight to Watermark in the Gulch. We went with Laura and Deborah and everyone loved it. It's the kind of place where you sit down and two and a half hours later you still have no desire to leave. The kind of place where your server is so good you don't even notice she's there, yet every glass is filled, you never have to ask for more bread, and there are no empty plates hanging around ( I was a server in college so that kind of stuff impresses me). Sure its not somewhere you go every week and the longer you stay the more money you spend, but it was great to dress up and go somewhere that is not common for the south.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Somehow when you pay $9 for it there is no trace of sand!

 
At 7:58 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Deborah stubblefield said...

The company, the meal was one of those that goes on that memorable list. Everything was perfect. What a great selection, Jennifer! I adored my little children but I am really enjoying my adult children and my new daughters.I am so blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home